Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A mission statement of sorts

One of the hardest parts of learning a new craft, or skill, or whatever, is figuring out where to start. When I decided I wanted to learn to knit, I didn’t know anyone who knit, so I decided to ask the Internet. But when I typed “How to Knit” into google, I got no less than 8,910,000 options. I was so overwhelmed, not only was learning a new skill difficult, but finding a resource that worked for me was almost as much work! We all learn differently, and a lot of the sites just weren’t set up in a way that made sense for my brain. The Internet can be a wonderful teacher, but sometimes wading through the vast sea of options can be too much.

I want to create a resource that can be a jumping off point.

What I will do is take a craft or skill and research it, cull together links and resources for further reading, try it myself, and provide you, my dear readers, with tutorials, history, recipes, videos, pitfalls and difficulties of the craft, anything I can to help you learn how to do whatever it is that I’m trying. I’ll show you the links that helped me, and the ones that had different approaches so that if one site doesn’t help you, another can.

If you’d like to see a topic on Davin Made, no matter how obscure or crazy, let me know, my goal is to learn to do everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online