Sunday, June 14, 2009

Aviator Bunny

aviator2
I usually have a tableaux of sorts on top of the TV, which varies from month to month, or at the very least, season to season. This month is a little stranger than usual. It kind of reminds me of Redwall, only I don't think that the rabbits in Redwall ever used snakes to chase their mouse dinner.

aviator4
This little guy is the product of a Wee Wonderfuls hand sewing pattern that Hillary Lang put out. It is part of a set of five adorable little animals including a snail, turtle, butterfly, and bird. You can find them here, I meant to give him away as an Easter present, but I finished him a little too late and now he's mine.

The pattern is really cool, and it includes pieces for an "earhat", scarf, and aviators.

aviator3

I kind of want to make a whole army of them. It would be interesting to use the pattern as a jumping off point for learning how stuffed animals are put together. I could alter the pattern to make them all shapes and sizes, and in the process, learn how the different pattern pieces work together to make a whole.

1 comment:

  1. An army of them would be so awesome! It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online